We’re Making a World of Difference!
St. Pius V Pride Points
- St. Pius V School has provided generations of families with an excellent, faith-based education in Chicago’s vibrant Pilsen community since 1872.
- Our dedicated faculty helps St. Pius students go on to the best high schools in the Chicago area.
- In addition to language arts, social studies, math and science, our multi-cultural curriculum includes daily religion classes, art, music and physical education.
- St. Pius V School offers a variety of extra-curricular activities. Click here to learn more.
- The teachers at St. Pius V School are putting the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) into practice from grades K-8.
- Each classroom features computers with internet access, interactive Promethean boards, air conditioning, and students have access to iPads and tablets.
- Tutoring and counseling are available for students who need assistance.
- With before- and after-school programs and full-day pre-school and kindergarten, St. Pius V’s schedule meets the needs of working parents.
- St. Pius V School is certified by the Office of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Sacramental preparation is included in our education
- Our school draws deeply from the richness of our Catholic tradition and the Dominicans who have served our faith community. We partner with families to teach our students gospel values of peace-making and respect for others. Both students and parents appreciate the family atmosphere of our school that brings out the best in our young people.