When the school is to be closed due to inclement weather, you can receive information by doing any of the following:
1. As soon as the decision has been made to close the school, you will receive a phone call, email and text message from St. Pius V School’s “SchoolReach” system. This system may also be used to inform families of emergencies or important school events.
2. If you believe the school may close due to inclement weather, watch TV and listen to the radio for further information.
3. School closings will also be listed online at www.emergencyclosingcenter.com.
4. You may also call 312-222-SNOW (312-222-7669) for closure information.
5. To receive messages regarding snowstorms in Chicago, you may visit Chicago Shovels, a City of Chicago site that allows you to sign up to receive alerts and request city services.
6. To be automatically informed about emergencies that occur across Chicago, you may visit Notify Chicago and sign up to receive alerts.